- Use flammable liquids outside whenever possible.
- Never smoke while using flammable liquids. This includes filling up a vehicle.
- Store flammable liquids in approved safety cans.
- Never refuel power mowers, chain saws, or other gas-powered machinery while they are hot. Wait until the machine is cool to the touch before refueling.
- Wipe up spills immediately.
- Store flammable liquids outside the home, in a cool, well-ventilated area, away from any possible heat source.
- Never store more than five gallons of flammable liquids.