1939 – Countryside Fire Protection District incorporated on July 14. Contracted with the Mundelein Fire Department to provide service to the District.
1959 – Station 1 opened on Midlothian Road on January 1 with on-call, volunteer firefighter/first responders.
1975 – Started providing paramedic level ambulance service.
1976 – Opened Station 2 in Vernon Hills and began providing full-time firemedic (firefighter/paramedic) coverage and reduced response times to the eastern portion of the District.
1981 – Second floor addition built on Station 1 to provide living quarters for 24-hour firemedic staffing at Station 1.
1992 – Remodeled Station 2 to provide space for administrative offices making it the District’s new headquarters.
1998 – Became the first fire district to be recognized as an internationally accredited fire agency by the Commission on Fire Accreditation International.
1999 – Achieved additional accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services.
2003 – Reaccredited by the Commission on Fire Accreditation International for another five years.
2004 – Remodeled Station 2 again to provide much needed additional space for Countryside’s growing operations.
2006 – Station 1 demolished to accomodate construction of a new, state-of-the art fire station to better serve the western portion of the District. During the construction, Countryside’s “Station 1” personnel and apparatus relocated to Mundelein’s two stations.
2007 – The new Station 1 opens providing more space for apparatus, personnel, and most notably, a new dispatch center.
2008 – Reaccredited again by the Commission on Fire Accreditation International for another five years.
2013 – Reaccredited by the Commission on Fire Accreditation International for 4th time.