Countryside Fire District is hosting a Fire Safety & Burn Prevention Poster Contest for all Kindergarten through 5th grade level classrooms in all the schools within the Countryside Fire District boundaries. Each grade level will have a first, second and third place winner from all entries from the schools with Kindergarten through 5th grade, which include:
– Country Meadow
– Diamond Lake
– Fremont Elementary
– Fremont Intermediate
– Hawthorn Aspen Elementary
– Hawthorn North Elementary
– Hawthorn South Elementary
– Hawthorn Townline Elementary
– Hawthorn Dual Language Elementary
– West Oak
– John Powers
The winning posters for each grade level will be announced and displayed at the Countryside Fire District Open House located at 600 Deerpath Drive, Vernon Hills, IL on Sunday, October 7, 2018 from 8 am-Noon.
Winners will be invited to a Chick-fil-A & Qdoba Party Celebration to be held on Monday, October 8, 2018 at 6 p.m. at Countryside Fire Station No. 1 located at 801 S. Midlothian Road in Mundelein. What’s more, winners will be allowed to bring their families to this celebration!
- Posters created by students must be original artwork.
- Size of the poster must be 11”x17″. Entries may be submitted on paper, poster board or canvass board, but only 11”x17” in size.
- Poster is to reflect a fire safety/burn prevention NFPA topic.
- Students must submit posters no later than FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2018.
- Release form must be attached to the back of each poster.
- No copyrighted artwork, characters or name brands can be used in the poster, but we encourage everyone to be creative.
- The Countryside Fire Protection District firefighters will review the posters based on rules/criteria listed above.
- Students must submit 11″ x 17″poster to their school office no later than FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2018.
- Posters can also be hand delivered before 4:00 p.m. on September 21, 2018 to:
Countryside Fire Protection District
c/o Tony Rodkey, Public Education Coordinator
600 Deerpath Drive
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Feel free to contact Fireman Tony Rodkey at (847) 367-5511 or email Tony at email@example.com.