Countryside Fire District is hosting a Fire Safety poster contest for all Kindergarten through 5th grade level classrooms in all the schools within the Countryside Fire District boundaries. Each grade level will have a first, second and third place winner from all entries from the schools with Kindergarten through 5th grade, which include:
– Country Meadow
– Diamond Lake
– Fremont Elementary
– Fremont Intermediate
– Hawthorn Aspen Elementary
– Hawthorn North Elementary
– Hawthorn South Elementary
– Hawthorn Townline Elementary
– Hawthorn Dual Language Elementary
– West Oak
– John Powers
The winning posters for each grade level will be announced and displayed at the Countryside Fire District Open House located at 600 Deerpath Drive, Vernon Hills, IL on Sunday, October 9, 2016 from 8 am-Noon.
Thereafter, all winners will be notified of the Pizza & Ice Cream Celebration to be held on Monday, October 10, 2016 at 6 pm at Countryside Fire Station No. 1 located at 801 S. Midlothian Road in Mundelein. What’s more, winners will be allowed to bring their families to this fire safety poster prize celebration!
- Posters created by students must be original artwork.
- Size of the poster must be 11”x17″. Entries may be submitted on paper, poster board or canvass board, but only 11”x17” in size.
- Poster is to reflect a fire safety/burn prevention NFPA topic.
- Students must submit posters no later than FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2016.
- Release form must be attached to the back of each poster.
- No copyrighted artwork, characters or name brands can be used in the poster, but we encourage everyone to be creative.
- Each student of Kindergarten through 5th grade within from any of the Countryside Fire School Districts listed above can submit a poster on 11” x 17” only to their school office.
- The Countryside Fire Protection District Firefighters will review the posters based on rules/criteria listed.
- Students must submit posters no later than September 23, 2016. Posters can also be hand delivered before 4 pm to:
Countryside Fire Protection District
c/o Tony Rodkey, Public Education Coordinator
600 Deerpath Drive
Vernon Hills, IL 60061.
Feel free to contact Fireman Tony Rodkey at (847) 367-5511 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.