The 2020 Census will be counting every person living within our fire district. Therefore, it is important that our residents participate in 2020 Census as the numbers from this census will determine congressional representation and affect all funding and grant decisions from the state and federal government for the next 10 years.
Each home will receive an invitation to respond to a short questionnaire-online, by phone or by mail. Be counted…please respond to the Census!
For more information, please visit the Village of Vernon Hills’ website at: https://www.vernonhills.org/884/Census-2020 or visit www.census.gov to learn more about the 2020 Census and why it matters and how it can help shape our community.
CENSUS 101: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (click here)
- March 12-20: Every Census 2020 household invite will come from a postal worker or census worker. Everyone household will have the option to respond online, by mail or by phone.
- March 16-24: Reminder letters go out.
- March 26-April 3: Reminder postcards go out to those who have not responded.
- April 8-16: Reminder letters and paper questionnaires go out to those who have not responded.
- April 20-27: A final reminder postcard goes out to non-responders.
- After April 27th, an in-person follow up will occur to all households that have not responded.